Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Walking Dead Season 3 This Fall

WARNING: Season 1 & 2 Spoilers!
So season three of AMC's hit series The Walking Dead is supposed to air this Fall  with 16 episodes. And I am stoked. The prison is being introduced, Michonne is a new character, and rumor has it that The Governor is gonna be on the show!!! And if they keep all the sadistic stuff he does in the comic and put it in the show, I will be one happy fan. I just hope TV doesn't try to PG it all. But what I'm really looking forward to is watching Michonne's revenge on that son of a bitch (Cough cough castration). But I do have a few concerns with the upcoming season. Those concerns include them being in the prison for too long and it being dragged out (It was dragged out in the comic and that go somewhat boring) and because of the shit season 2 was with meaningless side plots and monologues that seemed to last forever, I fear season 3 will be the same.
Don't get me wrong guys. Season 1 was incredible with effects, plots, and character development given it only ran six episodes. I was always on the edge of my seat (The first episode with the tank?? Incredible!). But when season 2 aired, I was not impressed. The group stayed on the farm way too damn long and side plots such as the episode with the walker stuck in the water well was meaningless filler that didn't need to be included. Now yes, the last episode with Sophia coming out of the barn as a zombie was cool but even that was lame! I mean they spent the whole first half of the season with poor Daryl (Norman Reedus) looking for the kid. It just dragged out for soooooo long and it was unnecessary. So apart from my complaints with season 2 being bleh and boring, season 1 was incredible and I can't wait to see what season 3 has in store for us. I feel it'll be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment