Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Steampunktopia

Have you ever seen The Lord of the Rings and thought "Wow. I wanna be there." Or read Fullmetal Alchemist and wished you were in those cities that Ed travels to? What about the video games Fable 2 or Bioshock with their beautiful scenery and historical look but have future like technologies?
Fellow alternative, fantasy, sci-fi, loving comrades. You are all invited to my future Steampunk themed topia. I've been contemplating this idea of mine for a while and I've come to the conclusion I must achieve this dream of mine. My goal is to either take the idea from the Truman Show (Jim Carrey) and build a large dome somewhere OR better yet, would be to find a distant island out in the middle of nowhere and start form scratch there. In my future community, all are welcome but if you wish to join my world, you must have a background check. Nobody with a criminal record or with a crazy past is allowed. This will be a peaceful, fantasy themed community that takes ideas from pop culture that surrounds us and brings those ideas to life. Take Rapture City from the video game Bioshock. I will be making a more ideal version of Rapture and I will take the place of Andrew Ryan. I will not be a dictator but more of an overseer. My fellow followers and I will set up a government that follows a more fair version of a Democracy. We will even create our own currency.
Now I'm not saying this will be an easy plan at first. It will take funding at the start but ideally, I would like to start from scratch and after my community is up on it's feet, I would like for our currency to take over and we rule our own community with no outside help. I'm offering a more peaceful way of living with all those geeks and fantasy lovers out there that wish to live in their dream world.
Concerns I have with my project are foreign countries interfering with my community/island/dome and declaring war or attempting to take over. If you join this community of mine, I wish to only create a community that wants to (In a way) leave this planet Earth and enter a new world.
Technology will take a futuristic twist in my world by mixing raw materials (Wood, iron, copper) and combining them with electricity and such. Solar power and windmills will be our source of electricity. No pollution allowed on this Steampunktopia. Houses will be straight out of books such as Spiderwick Chronicles and The Lord of the Rings. Take Bilbo Baggin's home Bag End (The house that's inside a hill) and put futuristic-looking technology inside it. That kind of thinking.
Dress wear will be simplistic looking with a fashion take. We would create our own clothes and all men MUST at least own a top hat.
Now my idea is still on the drawing board and I understand it does have kinks in it but with effort, planning, followers, and determination, Steampunktopia could be a dream come true. And you, my fellow alternative, sci-fi, fantasy lovers are welcome... To be continued

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!! also, by the time that your dream comes to fruition, human civilization will probably have the technology to take over other planets so... yeah. Anyways bring issue 1 tomorrow please.

    ReplyDelete