Monday, May 21, 2012

The Revamped Amazing Spider-Man Movie

So Summer is coming soon and with it comes an all new webslinger which most of you know from the hit The Social Network. Yes Andrew Garfield is back and he's playing the mild-mannered, awkward Peter Parker and all I have to say about this decision is... why? Stan Lee created Parker as a socially awkward, geeky, teenager who is the last person to have a girlfriend and so what does this new movie present? A suave looking young man who girls fall head over heels for and turn him into Spider-Man... nu uh. Not working out for me. Although the graphics look incredible and the are bringing in The Lizard (a.k.a Dr. Curt Connors), I just can't buy it that Garfield is supposed to be Pete. I mean Tobey Maguire played that role perfectly! Yeah he could have had more sarcastic and smart-ass comments while fighting but he got the dorky part spot on! This new Spider-Man movie does show signs of that smart-ass side though so I hope they deliver. That's one of my favorite traits of this costumed hero. Another improvement I see in this film is the change from Kristen Dunst to Emma Stone. Dunst always seemed a bit whiny in the older films and Stone isn't like that. Plus, Stone will be playing Gwen Stacey and NOT Mary Jane which is really cool considering Stacey came before Jane in the comic books. So am I weary of this Parker replacement? Yes. But this does look like a kick-ass movie and I cannot wait to see it once it hits theaters and you better bet I'll be one of the first to be reviewing here on the one and only, The True Life of a Superhero!

No comments:

Post a Comment