Thursday, May 24, 2012

The New Avengers (2004 Series) Reviewed! (Issues 1-20)

Oh. My. Gods. So as you guys know, I went to the comic convention last weekend and while I was there, I managed to finish my New Avengers collection from 2004. Now I don't know about you guys, but before I read a series, I need all the issues. I hate skipping issues. So when I managed to collect all 64 issues including the two annuals AND the finale, I was ready to go and damn that was a good buy. Bendis has done it again and just blown my mind with his story plots. I actually like Iron Man in this series which is weird considering I hate his asshole personality in all his other comics. And yes Spider-Man is as badass as ever with his smart-mouth jokes in the midst of battle and Cap is just the patriotic BAMF he is with standing in what he believes in. And Maria Hill is as annoying as ever. Just.... Over all, it is an incredible ongoing series and I'm glad they didn't just drop it after the events in Siege. I'm glad they started it back up (With what looks like Luke Cage being in charge). This series is definitely going down as one of my favorite ongoing series ever. Thank you Bendis and thank you Cho for such incredible artwork. He sure knows how to define those superheroes. And the artwork in each issue is phenomenal. You'll be stopping yourself to view the battle scenes such as Sentry's incredible fight with the mysterious force in the arc "The Collective". And thanks to the story arc "The Collective" right before the Civil War tie-in issues, I finally know what happened to Alpha Flight and why Omega Flight was born during the Initiative so that is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. (If you're wondering what I'm talking about, read the One-Shot Civil War: The Initiative). Well guys, I just HAD to review this series even though it is a few years old, I thought why not. Definitely give this title a shot if you haven't already. It should be sinful if you don't read this. That's all for now! Time to read some more of this epic series! Later guys

No comments:

Post a Comment