Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Halo 4??? About time

It was sometime last year when Halo 4 was announced with an eyegasmic teaser video of the Chief waking from his long nap in frozen sleep and seeing his ship float towards a mysterious glowing sphere which I believe is a planet made of all machine and futuristic technology (yes I studied the images), but when i checked my mail a few days ago and saw Master Chief's mugshot on my newest issue of Game Informer, I flipped. I knew this announcement wasn't B.S. and this was the real deal. Chief was back. After flipping through the inside article, it appears as though Bungie unfortunately will not be apart of this new trilogy but instead 343 Industries... weary? You bet... But I'm willing to give it a chance as I do with all Halo games. I've been playing since the first and I've been a hardcore fan ever since (Besides the disappointment known as Halo Wars, but let's not bring that up). The article also said that the game would be focusing more on Cortana and Chief's relationship and that since the covenant and human war ended in Halo 3 (along with the flood (THANK GOD)), it will focus more on the mysterious Forerunners including a new alien species... so yeah. This is most definitely gonna be good. But one thing I'm confused about and will always be confused about. How the hell can you have a relationship with an artificial intelligence? Now yes, I understand that it may be lonely out in the middle of the universe with no other human contact, but hey! That's what your hand is for! Is it not?? C'mon Chief, don't lower your dignity by resulting to a blue hologram that basically lives in your head and feeds you thoughts. She's like all the worst aspects of a wife. She complains and whines and what do you get out of it? Nothing. No sex. No food. No massages after a hard day at saving the day. Nothing. Just a whiny blue chick who has numbers always running up and down her body (women, I only joke). Regardless of the minor relationship fault with Chief, he will always be on the top 10 most badass video game characters ever. There's no denying that. And for all you halo haters out there, go play your Call of Duty with your boring ol' pistols. Me? I've got my plasma rifle and covenant sword so up yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment