Thursday, May 3, 2012

Super Crooks = Super Lame: Mark Millar's New Comic Reviewed (Issue One)

Wow. I must say. I expected more from the Kick-Ass/Nemesis legend... with such an awesome new title like The Secret Service (review here), I thought that this comic would deliver... but sadly that wasn't the case. The premise of the story is a group of super villains who are sick of getting caught by the super heroes so they move to... Spain? Really? Of all the fraking places in the world and they choose Spain... Okay well anyways, the story seems to be pretty generic to me... A friend among the super villain clique gets in trouble with money so they try and bail him out.... that's all issue one gave me and I was a bit bored. I also got a really strange Ocean's trilogy about the whole thing for some reason. I kept expecting for George Clooney to make a guest appearance throughout. But I will see what issue two delivers and will most likely be posting about it in the week or two to come. Look out for it. But yeah. That's all I've got to say. I'm not too impressed Millar... maybe there needed to be more gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment