Friday, May 4, 2012

May: The Month of Super Heroes

This month in May seems to be a month revolving around comic books. With The Avengers released today in theaters, Free Comic Book Day tomorrow, and the Motor City Comic Con on May 18th-20th (2 WEEKS!!!!), I just don't know what to do with myself! I'm going to be seeing The Avengers tonight with a couple friends and will most likely be posting a review of it later tonight. I've got to be honest, I am not getting my hopes up high for this movie.... The only super hero movie I've ever genuinely been impressed with is Edward Norton as the Incredible Hulk. Why he is not this new Hulk in The Avengers? I do not know. I've been bitching about this movie ever since I heard it's announcement and wonder if I'll be eating my own words after viewing it tonight. I hope not! On to the next subject. The Motor City Comic Convention. I have been waiting for this event since the end of last year's convention. I even made a fifty day countdown with each day (represented by a square) shaded in with a super hero logo. I.Am.Pumped.For.This. Special guests that are gonna be there include Frank from Donnie Darko (Hellz yes), Sean Patrick Flanery & David Della Rocco from The Boondock Saints (Sadly Norman Reedus had to cancel his appearance), and that black guy from Star Wars! You know, the one that no one cares about! Lando Calrissian! Apart from his appearance, this should be a superb Convention and I am ecstatic for it. $200 aside and an eleven page comic checklist and I'm set. All of you should go to this event no matter how far you are. You will have fun. For those of you that have never gone to a comic convention, for starters, I have pity on your soul and second of all, they basically are a field day for comics and pop culture items alike. Video games, TV shows, movies, card games, manga, anime, and obviously comics. It's a geek's dream come true. That's all for now guys, I'll post later with my Avengers Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment