Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises: A Conclusion of Epic Proportions... With One Problem

As many of you know, the final installment in the Nolan Batman series is coming to a close with the title The Dark Knight Rises. Being a fan of the first two movies, I'm thrilled to see how it all comes together. But. Being the disective critic I am, I must bring one issue to the table that has been bugging me ever since I first saw the trailer (Which was amazing by the way). What's up with Bane? Really? You're gonna bring The Scarecrow and The Joker to life in such an awe like way and then this is what you do with Bane? Put some guy in a trench coat with a mask on? Where's the bulging muscle? The lack of shirt? The tubes all over his body filling him with the venom that gives him super strength? I mean yes, the Arkham video games do make him a bit... excessive but I mean c'mon Nolan. You can do better than that. I talked to my friend about this issue I'm seeing and he claims that they need to make the movie at least somewhat believable... Really? A superhero movie believable? That's the point of superheroes... to escape this reality. Not to stay in this fixated, conservative world but to escape. So do I agree with my friend's opinion? Frak no. I want the big, buff venom surging Bane I know from the comic books. I wanna see him break Batman's back too like the Knightfall story arc... But that may be asking for too much. I don't know. Maybe I'm being too picky. I just wish that they would stick with the original Bane theme more. Maybe they will and the movie will show him getting bulging muscles with veins popping out later in the movie. But until then, I'll be skeptical. But don't get me wrong guys. I'm excited for the final Nolan movie. I'm sure it'll be amazing and full of awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment