Thursday, May 10, 2012

Adventure Time Comic Book Reviewed!

A fan of Cartoon Network's quirky show Adventure Time? Well you're in luck! KaBOOM! Studios has recently released a monthly series so that you can follow Finn and Jake off the screen too! Three issues in and the Free Comic Book Day tie-in issue, I thought it was time for me to review this book. A fun, light, read, Ryan North takes the reader to The Land of Ooo to follow Finn the Human and Jake the Dog as they get into situations only found in Ooo. When I first say this on the shelves at my comic store, being a huge fan of the show, I was a bit weary on how it would turn out. I wasn't too sure if they would be able to transfer the humor the show delivers and put it into a comic book too well. Result? Impressive. A lot better than I thought it would be. But are you missing much on missing out on this comic? No. Not really. I found myself at times a bit bored while reading it but the artwork (Which I find very entertaining) kept me going and L.S.P. is hilarious as always. Every sentence she says is incorporated into my brain with her voice. And all the cute little characters will make you have at least a small smile on your face. But is all this worth the $4 price tag? Mehh. Depends how much of a fan you view yourself. If you're head over heels for the show, go ahead! Pick it up! But you're not missing a lot. All in all, it's a fun, light, comic book and extremely kid appropriate (Obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment